Saturday, January 24, 2009

Whole Wheat Popovers

It's been quite a while since I've posted a baking blog. Mostly because I haven't done much of it lately (Kevin's been doing the bulk of it because I think he loves my Kitchen Aide more than I do!). However, my favorite baking blog, Baking Bites, posted a simple new recipe I wanted to try out: Whole Wheat Popovers. They turned out awesome! And even though there was an extra step of poking the popovers and rotating the pan while they were baking that I've never done on a popover before, they were relatively easy to make. Not to mention super tasty; crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and mouth-watering hot right out of the oven. This recipe only makes 6 muffin-sized popovers, but I used a mini-muffin pan instead, which produced 16 mini-popovers (and I baked it for 5 less minutes). Perfect for dinner with friends, or to save a few for later. Here's the photo I took (with the popover I stole out of Ashton's mouth for the shot. Ha ha!)~

1 comment:

Turi Becker said...

Yum! Maybe I should do some of those this morning...