Sunday, January 18, 2009

Roller Skating

After climbing nearly 60 flights this morning, I got to take the boys to a birthday party at Roller Kingdom. Yay, quads and calves! The boys have been once before, but not in quite a while, and we pretty much started over, learning from scratch. When I could pry their vice-like grip from my fingers and make them try to skate on their own, they pretty much just coasted until their momentum ran out, and then fell over. Or just promptly fell over as soon as I let go. "Baby steps. Bend your knees just a little bit. Lean forward. Not that much! Ohhhh! Are you alright? Okay, give me your hand and I'll help you up."

After the first hour, Ashton got a little more adventurous, and I got this little video clip of him skate-walking on his very own (sorry it's a little shaky- I was trying to watch where I was going skating backwards, and not roll over the fallen kids behind me while I was filming):
One final photo for you: Sean and Kevin going slow back to the bench for a rest. :)

2 comments:

Turi Becker said...

Funny! They did great, huh? I think there would be serious head injury if I put Julien on those...

SnowLeopard said...

Yeah, I think we escaped lucky this time! :) Also, the fact that they really had no desire to skate without letting go of our hands played a little part in their ability to stay upright.