Thursday, January 22, 2009

Climb California 2009

Yes, this is a duplicate of the e-mail I sent out, but for those of you I just might have missed on that list, here it is again, special for you:

I am going to do something crazy. Climb 52 flights of stairs of the Bank of America building in San Francisco on March 28th for the Climb California Relay. Why, you ask? Because you don't want the use of your legs anymore, silly girl? Well, that may be the case (in fact I did a trial run this weekend, and can finally walk without a limp as of this afternoon! I've never been so sore in my entire life!), but a co-worker (Chris) is putting together a relay team, and not only will we be developing a permanent twitch in our step, but we will be helping save lung cancer patients with the American Lung Association. I only need to raise $100, and while that's not a huge amount of money, it will be if I have to pay it all myself. So I am begging and pleading and groveling before you for a few dollars if you can spare any in this belt-tightening era when it is scarce. Just a few, and if everyone can pitch in just a titch, then I'll reach my goal and not have to send out a second begg-y e-mail. :) Here is the link to our team page, and also the link to my personal page. Or you can click on my name from the team page. (Please let me know if these links don't work for you.) I really appreciate your support, even if it is just a pat on the back, and an agreement that I am indeed nutzoid.

Have a great weekend, and thank you thank you thank you!

No comments: