Saturday, October 4, 2008

Baking with Tofu

I found a recipe on a vegan blog I've recently found, called FatFree Vegan Kitchen I wanted to try on coconut tofu cookies. So, I bought the necessary tofu (firm), but decided on just a half batch in case I wasn't crazy about them. They look almost like potato pancakes- very white before they are baked.

They were super easy to make, and were cake-like when baked, but chewy on the outside! The sprinkled sugar on top didn't hurt either. :)

Only 80 cal per cookie, and 1g of fat? I didn't even feel guilty eating them. AND I got to make chocolate tofu pudding with the rest of the tofu I didn't use in the cookies! Double score! Tofu pudding might not sound very appetizing, but it is so thick and creamy, it puts regular instant pudding to shame.

Sean and Ashton LOVED both of these recipes, so next time I'll have to make a full batch (and buy extra tofu for the pudding).

No comments: