Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Job!

Yep, it's official! The librarians at the Carson City Public Library liked me! You are now looking at their new Youth Services Librarian! I am so excited- a real librarian, a professional librarian, not just an assistant! I wasn't planning on taking this step quite yet- I was going to wait and finish my masters, but with all the financial difficulties Washoe County is having right now, it seemed like the best thing to do. The way things are looking currently (and what we hear changes every day), I might not have been laid off, but with me accepting this position means that someone else in the system will get to keep their job, or two part time employees. I am happy that this transition will make an impact on someone else's life, whomever it might be. :)

My first day of work will be April 28th, right after I get back from vacation in DesMoines, IA where I will be (hopefully healed enough) running a half marathon with my bestest bud ever, Melissa. One last vacation before I have to grow up for "reals" this time~ I'm ready Mo!

I'll keep you posted with details as they come... Yay!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Congratulations Amber, how exciting!!