Sunday, August 3, 2008

New Favorite Nourishing Energy-Inducing Smoothie!

The Pneumatic Diner calls it a "Snoopy." I ordered one on a whim (was in the mood for some peanut butter that day), and received a tall glass of thick cream-colored smoothie-yumminess! I was only able to drink half of it, but there was no way I was going to waste the remainder, so I brought the rest home in a to-go cup and stuck it in the freezer. It was just as good frozen as it was straight and frothy from the blender! I've been thinking about it since then (just last month) and today finally presented a chance to do a recreation in my kitchen. Here's the recipe I threw together and blended for about 30 seconds:

1 banana
3-4 TBSP Peanut Butter (I used the crunchy kind)
Couple banana ice-cubes (I had some mushy bananas that I didn't have the heart to toss, so I mashed them up and stuck them in trays in the freezer for future smoothies! Yeah! These can be optional, of course)
Vanilla Soy Milk- enough to cover most of the ingredients (8th Continent is the brand I like to keep in my fridge). Of course you can use regular milk too.

There was just enough for 3 smallish servings (that's really all you need for the energy boost this drink provides), but I'm going to warn you now, it won't seem like enough because of how lovely and creamy these turn out! Sean and Ashton thought it was pretty spectacular too! (And I made some extra after I finished mine to put in the freezer for later~ :)

1 comment:

Turi Becker said...

Weird - I just put some mooshy bananas in the freezer for smoothies this morning, too. Might make them tomorrow...