Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rose Garden

Just a short blog tonight, and it had to wait until after I finished my homework! (Which got put off all day because it was SO beautiful outside!) Today Kevin and I completely cleaned out all the vegetation in the triangle-ish area stoned-in next to the driveway in the front yard and planted 8 rosebushes! I love roses, and the 5 in the backyard just don't seem to be thriving. There are 3 or 4 flowering pink rose bushes, 2 white, a red climbing rosebush (oops!), and my personal favorite, an orange hybrid tea rose bush. They are small, but hopefully by the end of the summer they'll be blooming- they love direct sunlight, and this spot will give them sun from about 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. But of course that will change with the seasons... Here is a close up of the new garden, complete with red cedar chips:
If you click on the picture and look closely, you can see the potted flowers on the front steps- Fresias, tulips and what Kevin likes to call "Firecrackers" but in truth, I have no idea what they're called. But they're white, and smell heavenly! Here is another photo of the front of the house to give the garden a little better perspective.
You can compare this space to the picture posted on my 3/16 post.

No comments: