Sunday, June 24, 2007

Habitat Trail Run

Just a quick entry today- yesterday I went to Grass Valley with my fellow librarian, Chris, to run in the Habitat Trail Run (Click on Whatizit at the bottom, and then the little green star next to this race for more details). He ran the half marathon, which he won (1 hour, 28 minutes!), and I ran the 10k. I was very proud of myself, because I only stopped to walk for about one minute on one big hill, and ran the entire rest of the way! It took me 55 minutes, 15 seconds (according to my own timer on my watch), and I got 3rd place in my age group! Yeah me! I even got a little medal, which I will hang in my exercise room in my garage along with my number- next to all my triathlon numbers. :) Here's a picture of me and Chris, post-race:


Results are in! I got 16th out of 51 of the 10K runners! Whoo-Hoo! The time they have posted was exactly the same as I timed myself, so kudos to them for being accurate.

No comments: