Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blueberry Tart

I tried out a new recipe for a co-worker's birthday yesterday: Blueberry Tart. However. :) I used a mix of frozen blueberries and blackberries- tossed them in a pot with the sugar, and then added in the cornstarch/water mixture. I cooked it for about 2-3 minutes until it started to thicken. Easy-peasy. I didn’t even let it cool completely before I poured it on the crust and put it in the fridge to set.

This is the sugar cookie crust that I baked before hand. I baked it the day before, and it turned out pretty crisp; because it was so big I couldn’t store it in an airtight container, it hardened. I kind of had to chisel the tart into pieces for everyone, and use a metal fork to eat it with, but the crust and filling were actually complimentary! And just a squirt of whipped cream was a nice touch.

I’ll make this again, but not bake the crust so far in advance- maybe I’ll make the filling first and let it cool, and then bake the crust. I’m sure you can use any type of frozen or fresh berry for this recipe- it’s a pretty flexible one. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Turi Becker said...

I don't think Ive ever tried a sugar cookie crust. Looks yummy...