Friday, September 21, 2007

Reno Journal Jog

Quick running blog- I did the 39th Annual Reno Journal Jog last Saturday (I know, I'm behind with my posts), and I'd like to report that it was a beautiful morning for an 8K run, and the course was mostly flat and quick. It started and ended by Reno High School, and looped through my old neighborhood. I ran it in 44 minutes and 13 seconds, and got 466th place out of 977! Whoo-hoo! I did get 25th in my age group, which is kinda cool. The other cool part was that my co-worker from the South Valleys Library, Turi, ran it with me, and I beat him by a whole second! (But only because he let me- wasn't that nice of him?) I've never done a race With someone before. It was fun to chat and run, and weave through slower runners. Made me feel in shape. :)

Here is the link with the race results.

Icing on the cake, this run! I wasn't planning on running it at the beginning of the summer, but it was good practice for the half marathon I'll be running up at Lake Tahoe on the 29th. AAaaaahhh! At least I have a decent treadmill to train on in the mean time. (Old one is no longer safe- no fair breaking something a mere two weeks before the longest race of my life.) Like running on silk, smooth as butter...

No comments: