Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Witch & Wizard

Witch & WizardWitch & Wizard by James Patterson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I feel the need to explain myself for having a James Patterson book on my "read" list. This is a YA book, and I was stranded at an airport with an extra 2 hour delay and a book I'd finished on the last flight in my backpack. And I was exhausted from doing nothing more than sitting in planes and airports all day long. I picked this one up because I'd ordered it for my library, and it has circulated well I'd say. After reading a few pages I discovered J. P.'s fast-paced writing style worked for my tired brain, and even though I felt my IQ dropping with each page from the shallow, static, single-sentence monologue characters and frequent cliches, it was a fast read and read over half the book by the time I got home. Finished the other half on the plane yesterday. That is all I have to say about this book-it is a fast read. And realize that it it indeed written at a second grade reading level. So there is my excuse. I was working! Keeping up with my trade and reading what some of the teens out there read...


View all my reviews

No comments: